Store bought or restaurant jalapeno poppers are usually filled with cream cheese, breaded and fried, whereas most homemade versions are wrapped in bacon and filled with jack cheese. I tried to combine both versions into this tasty jalapeno popper burger. The pepper jack cheese adds some extra kick to the jalapenos already inside the burger patty, and the pickled jalapenos on top add some bright acidity to balance all the cream cheese and savory bacon!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Makes 4 burgers, takes about 20 minutes
- 4 Brioche buns
- About 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 4 Jalapeno Bubba Burgers
- 4 Slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 Slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- About 20 pickled jalapeno slices
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Toast the buns on the grill first for about one minute. Remove from heat and set aside. Smear about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each bottom bun.
- Grill the burgers about 5 minutes on the first side, until you start to see the juices collecting on the top of the burger. Flip and add the cheese. Cook another 5 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Place the burgers on the bottom buns. Top each with two slices of bacon.
- Smear the remaining cream cheese (to your personal taste) on each burger. Top each burger with 5 or so pickled jalapeno slices. Top with the remaining bun and serve.