If I’m lucky enough to be at an actual restaurant for a proper Sunday brunch, eggs Benedict is always my go-to order. That hollandaise and runny-yolked egg gets me every.single.time. Sadly, I don’t often make it to Sunday brunch, so I usually just make my own version at home. Since the English muffin base is my least favorite part of eggs Benny, I’m always experimenting with other ways to serve it, hence where this grain-free Bubba-Style version comes in! This is so unbelievably delicious, you wont even miss the muffin.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Makes 1 Serving
- 2 Grass-Fed Bubba Burger patties
- 2 Slices bacon, fully cooked
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg yolks
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 Cup salted butter, melted
- Sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Arugula or baby spinach (optional)
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. (Adding a splash of white vinegar will help eggs poach prettier.) Crack the 2 eggs into individual small ramekins. Careful not to break the yolks. Lower heat to a simmer, then, holding the ramekins right on the surface of the water, gently release the eggs into the saucepan. Cook three minutes and remove with slotted spoon.
- To make a quick hollandaise sauce, toss the egg yolks and lemon juice in the blender and blend. With the blender running, slowly drizzle the melted butter in through the chute in the blender lid. Sauce should thicken up nicely pretty much immediately. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Top each burger patty with greens, if using, then top with cooked bacon, poached egg and hollandaise. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.