Makes: 4 servings
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 lb Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco Green Habanero Sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- Slice chicken breasts into ¼ inch thick stips and place into a reclosable plastic bag.
- Combine Greek yogurt, Green Habanero sauce, garlic, lemon juice and zest, kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, ground cardamom, ground cinnamon and ground cloves into a bowl. Pour the greek yogurt mixture into the bag with the chicken and mix to coat evenly. Press to remove most air from the bag and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat your grill for direct heat at 450°F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and thread onto flat metal skewers.
- Grill chicken skewers over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 6 minutes per side. Brush with Green Habanero sauce during the last minute of cooking.
- Let the chicken shawarma kebabs rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and serve.